I can offer your professional and care staff an interactive training experience.
These ten sessions can be delivered in 1-1.5 hr sessions depending on your facility requirements. I can provide a flyer to advertise any session and handouts on the day.
I bring all the training materials required for the session with me, and you provide a room suitable for group work.
1. Positive Mindset for work
- challenging/supporting workplace culture
- altering language used (but, never, always, try, etc)
- becoming positive to enhance self-esteem
- individual impact on others
2. We all think differently yet work united
- using a card exercise to identify differences between workers
- global vs detailed workers
- respecting what is brought to the workplace
3. Caring with dignity and respect
- advocacy for team and residents
- resident focused around standard 3
- purpose of holding values
4. Residents’ Rights
- four key areas of residents’ rights
- how these rights can be upheld
- whistleblowing – what does it take?
- mandatory reporting
5. Taming time
- tasks vs person centred care
- shortcuts: are they ever acceptable?
- communicating with others in the team
- personal strategies to help you or others regain balance
6. Teamwork and Supervision
- workplace priorities
- giving feedback to others
- being accountable for own actions
- workplace norms
7. Anti bullying
- what is bullying / what is not?
- 4 step process to use
- impact of bullying on individual/ team/ organisation
- fairness and equity: using the systems
8. Handling Complaints
- viewing complaints as opportunities for improvement
- keeping emotions in check
- 5 step process to handle a complaint
- reporting and writing it up
9. Preceptoring Others
- what is it like to be new?
- learning styles
- teaching a skill
- basics of mentoring
- giving constructive feedback
10. Communicating Better
- approaches to communication
- hints for de-escalating problems
- using the C.A.L.M. model when conflict occurs